The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Import Mail From SmarterMail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by CCWHSupport, Nov 15, 2015.

1. CCWHSupport

CCWHSupport Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello all,

I need to migrate a number of mail accounts from a SmarterMail server to cPanel.

Mailboxes are IMAP. Is there a tool for import like there is the other way round? All I keep finding is people asking the same question but nothing recent.

So, apart from connecting both mail accounts to Outlook and copying the mail across I am hoping I can create the mailbox within cPanel and then import directly....I hope!

2. 24x7ss

24x7ss Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi :),

There was an option called "FETCH EMAIL" in horde webmail in older version, but its not supported now.
    There is no such option available now in Webmail. So you may go with the Outlook only.

3. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Find IMAPSync. Official imapsync migration tool ( release 1.644 ) . AFAIK, it's only going to migrate mail -- no address books, notes or anything else. Of course I wouldn't expect it to.

It's been around for years and the author updates it often. It's an awesome tool in the mail migration arsenal.

You can find RPMs out there of IMAPSync. If you use one, just make sure it is recent enough that it supports Smartermail well. Smartermail changed a lot of things over their various versions, and you might find an old version of IMAPSync doesn't totally support the version of SM you are migrating from.

mike

4. garconcn

garconcn Well-Known Member

I've used IMAPsync for migrating emails from SM to cpanel, it works fine. The IMAPsync is not free, you need to buy the license.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator