The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imported Accounts Delivered Mail to Wrong Inbox

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by nichiyume, Nov 19, 2004.

1. nichiyume

nichiyume Member

I'm using WHM 9.9.8 cPanel 9.9.8-R119 on Fedora i686 - WHM X v3.1.0.

I've migrated several accounts from an enxim server using the FANTASTIC scripts included in Cpanel, but a weird occurance is plaguing my email.

Nobody who had a xfered account could get any email through pop/imap/or webmail. This was baffling becuase the accounts I created could. When I went into squirrelmail, and suscribed to every folder, I found that all of the email has been delivered to SPAM/INBOX.

Now, I'm sure I could just move that file and replace the old inbox and therefore be able to download from it, but how do I get the mail to be delivered to the correct inbox, the base one?

I assume in the lowest directory home/user/mail/inbox is the right inbox webmail/pop/imap check by default.

Do you think if I deleted all of the extraneous folders/directories that were copied over from the old server, that the mail would begin to collect in the correct inbox?

Or is there a setting in exim/whm that would fix it for these tranfered accounts?

I do not think it is spam filtering, there is not any on by default, but all mail is delivered there!

*Edit*
    The mail is being delivered but to the wrong folder.
    not to: /home/user/mail/inbox
    instead: /home/user/mail/domain.com/spam/inbox

When I delete all the folders and move the inboxes to /home/user/mail/inbox , and send a new message, the conditions are recreated. mail is delivered only to /home/user/mail/domain.com/spam/inbox and so the mail in inaccessable by pop/imap.

Do you know how to change this for these accounts?

#1 nichiyume, Nov 19, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2004