Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Importing a mailmain list

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by taproot, Jul 16, 2009.

1. taproot

taproot Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

I need to move a client from a non cpanel hosting account over to my cpanel setup. He has a mailman list and I need to import it. Any good advice on where to import the archive I received, the file the old host sent me is a group-list.mbox file which looks like it has archived messages and users in it. I assume somewhere in the new mailman list I created for my user there is a similar file and I can merge or overwrite it with this one, however I am not finding the mailman files for this user in his home dir. Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers,
    TR

2. taproot

taproot Well-Known Member

Ok, well I found the mailman Lists/Archives in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/ however I think the old host needs to send me the users as well so I can add them to the list I created for he client here? Sorry I am new to mailman here. The .mbox file seems to just be an archive. I also found the commands in the lib directory to import the user list.. if I had one.. ugh.

Anyone with experience moving mailman know what exactly I need to ask the old host to send over file wise?

Cheers,
    TR