The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing backup.sql into phpMyAdmin

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by GoWilkes, Jan 18, 2010.

1. GoWilkes

GoWilkes Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have a 98MB backup.sql on the server that I would like to import through phyMyAdmin. This is a dump from the same database, I'm just restoring a backup.

I downloaded it manually, then compressed it to 18MB, but I still can't get phpMyAdmin to take it; I keep getting "out of memory" errors:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 80216064) (tried to allocate 76737304 bytes) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/unzip.lib.php on line 325

Is there a way to import this from the account, without uploading my downloaded copy?

TIA,

Jason

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

Try increasing the memory_limit for phpmyadmin in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/etc/phpmyadmin/php.ini and see if you can restore the backup.

Another way is to upload the backup.sql file under an account, ssh to the server as root and execute the command

mysql /var/lib/mysql/your_dbname << /home/user/public_html/backup.sql

where,
    user is the username of the account under which you have uploaded the backup.sql file