The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing HTTP Access Logs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by openaccess, Oct 5, 2007.

1. openaccess

openaccess Active Member

I'm trying to import some old raw apache logs (dated months/years ago), from a non-cpanel server to a cpanel server. The goal is that the logs and/or stats from the logs will be available to the user as if the cpanel account had received the hits at the time specified in the logs...even though the cpanel account didn't exist yet. How can I do this?

I tried appending the logs to /usr/local/apache/domlogs/<username>/<domainname> and waiting for logs to be processed, or running /scripts/runweblogs <username>, but have not gotten any results at all. All lines seem to be ignored because no hits are showing up in any stats program. The file formats are identical. The logs I used were from a few months ago, so maybe the date of each line being in the past is causing each line to be ignored. If so, is there a way to override this behavior?

Thanks.

2. esipas

esipas Registered

Anyone know how to do this?

I've been trying to find it everywhere... with no success...

After adding the logs to the file, and running /scripts/runweblogs for the user, only the original log files are being processed and the imported ones do not appear on awstats, with no error messages...