PCZero

Dec 13, 2003
Earth
1) I am trying to have Imunify AV run a scan weekly, but the options in the Background Scanning - Run scanning parameter are crippled in the install that was run on my server with only "Never" and "Monthly" are listed. Gow do I set this up for weekly scanning?

2) In the Histroy tab I see no way to clear the history. How do I go about doing that?

hmaddy

May 6, 2020
Chennai
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
ImunifyAV Supports only Never and Monthly Supports. If you need weekly or daily, Upgrade imunifyAV to imunifyAV+

PCZero

Dec 13, 2003
Earth
Yet another reason to remove this POS crippleware, spamming software from cpanel.

1) If you do not have it installed cpanel nags you endlessly to install it.
2) Once you do install it:
a) It adds its own copy of php.ini and sets its own php.ini parameters creating a security hole.
b) in security center - security advisor it spams you to upgrade to the non-crippleware verison .
3) It is pretty much useles redundant software if using ClamAV.

cPanel would do far better by completely removing this junk from their product and getting rid of all the nag messages. The current situation is highly unprofessional and borders on being unethical. cPanel you are better than that!

Reactions: GeekOnTheHill

CloudLinux Skhristich

Verifed Vendor
May 23, 2019
kiev
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,
ImunifyAV brings its own php 7.4 interpreters to run the scanner, which is written in PHP. In order to minimize conflicts with existing php setups, it has it’s own php.ini file. This is not a security flaw, it’s not available from the web, it’s always the latest version with all patches applied. So no worries.
In comparison with ClamAV - ImunifyAV is more effective. Thank you.

PCZero

Dec 13, 2003
Earth
If there is a php.ini on my server that I did not put there and I cannot control it is by defualt a security flaw. LOTS of worries.

Jay3570

Oct 24, 2019
USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You can configure custom commands in the Clamd.conf file. Search for "Execute a command when virus is found". And we should make a distinction between ImunifyAV FREE versus paid versions.

Jay3570

Oct 24, 2019
USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Do you have statistics comparing false-positive settings? You can add your own signature databases in ClamAV.

The GUI point is true. More options in WHM and cPanel, though the underlying CLI application still includes a long list of features.