The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In need to prevent WHM the "Feature Showcase" page from showing up.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jols, Aug 25, 2014.

1. jols

jols Well-Known Member

Hi,

The last time we enabled Paper Lantern, it caused a blank page condition for all of our hosted members on that particular server. It was determined that some of our customizations were conflicting with this new template, so we never want to enable this feature.

My question - How can we prevent the Feature Showcase page from being displayed with each and every WHM login. If one of us here clicks the larger button by accident, instead of the proceed to WHM link, then our member's cPanels will go blank. So how can we switch off this page?

Thanks for any assistance.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Paper Lantern is not switched to, on any and every account, when you click thru the Feature Showcase mentioning it.

3. jols

jols Well-Known Member

Thanks, I do know this, but the last time, this new template it was simply installed and ready for use, I had two servers go with blank cPanels for all members hosted therein, the very instant this occurred. A ticket was made out at cPanel.net, and finally after some hours of research we found a conflicting file in the system that had to be deleted before the current accounts' cPanels would function again. I'd rather not go through that again. So isn't there some way, just to not have that window open on each and every WHM login?

4. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Yes. Click thru it.

5. rogerw

rogerw Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

I have the same issue, yes, we can click through it, but we'd like to know how to turn it off.

Having it appear very single time - It gets to be a bit of a nuisance after the first few times, then after that it gets down right in the way. Then after several weeks, we found people just don't want to use WHM anymore (surprisingly there's been serious discussion that they want to move away from WHM/cPanel - I guess that's how frustrating it is with that Featured Showcase). To use the analogy... It's like a big pop-up on some site that displays every single time, you know it's going to happen when you visit the site, and eventually you start avoiding the site.

Please can you provide us with the steps to turn Featured Showcase off for all WHM logins.

Thank you! :)

#5 rogerw, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The feature showcase should not appear at every WHM login. It should only appear after an cPanel update results in new features, and should not re-appear once it's clicked through the first time. Could you clarify if that's what is happening? If not, and you prefer to have it disabled completely against all advice, then you could run this command:

Code:
    # touch /var/cpanel/activate/features/disable_feature_showcase
    Thank you.

#6 cPanelMichael, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
  7. Infopro

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:

I agree with cPanelMichael, the showcase should not appear on every login. But when it does, it does for good reason. You can read more about all that, here, if you like:
    New WHM Feature Showcase Screen - cPanel Forums

I am interested in why your WHM Feature Showcase keeps coming back so much that the Server Administrator is considering going forward without cPanel. That makes no sense to me.