The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In New cPanel, how can ask password to access webmail?

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by shaw_hs, Dec 12, 2014.

1. shaw_hs

shaw_hs Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    In new Cpanel, we can access every email by Email Accounts -> access webmail without need any password. Our problem is the webmaster is third part, outsite of our company. He need use cpanel to develop and manege the site, but we cannot let he read any email of company. How can we do to work like older version of cpanel (every time click in access webmail, need password of the email account to login)? Thank you!

2. quizknows

quizknows Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You should assume anyone with the cPanel password for an account could access that accounts e-mail.

One option to avoid this is to give the developer his own cPanel account so he can develop on that account, and when you are happy with the site you can copy over the files and database to your main domain. If this is not acceptable perhaps send e-mail somewhere more secure with alternate MX records for your domain.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Yes, even if they don't automatically access Webmail, they could still simply review the messages directly in the /home/$username/mail directory. I suggest using a method like quizknows suggested in the previous post to ensure they do not have access to your account sensitive data. As far as the change in behavior that you notice, that's discussed here:

Automatic Login to Webmail

Thank you.

4. shaw_hs

shaw_hs Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Are there some way to block webmaster access every email accounts by webmail from cpanel?

In new Cpanel, who access cpanel can access every email by "Email Accounts -> access webmail" without need any password. Our problem is the webmaster is third part, outsite of our company. He need use cpanel to develop and manege the site, but we cannot let he read any email of company. How can we do to work like older version of cpanel (every time click in access webmail, need password of the email account to login)? Thank you!

5. shaw_hs

shaw_hs Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Thank you quizknows and Michael, in fact I have transmitted a case of my client, not myself (our site we control all). He is a great layer, have about 50 emails accounts in his company, there are a lot of important cases cannot be read by anyone out of the case, his website is developed and managed by other company, he has not technical condition to many his website. But he cannot let other person read all of email account of his website. This is the problem. I think that there should be some way to allow to choice if or not use "AUTO-login", in WHM, for example. My case, it is impossible to allow "AUTO-login" without password. Thank you!

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please let us know if this alternative is suitable:

Note that you are welcome to submit a feature requests for new functionality via:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.