The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In search of File location for automation with Puppet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neutrall, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Neutrall

Neutrall Member

Jul 22, 2014
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    We now have too many cPanel servers to manage; therefore we are setting up an automation configuration system using puppet.

So far, so good! But I’m missing some file location.

For Exim, I currently have the following files:

/etc/ exim.conf.local

/etc/ exim.conf

Are all of Exim configuration contain within those files? (I’m referring mainly to the basic Exim Configuration files.

For Apache, I don’t want to modify directly the httpd.conf file, but I would like to reproduce the setting for Global Configuration, Log rotation and Piped Log Configuration.

I would also like to ensure that all my server have the same password strength from the Password Strength Configuration (In Security Center)

For the other files (like CSF, MailScanner, Softacoulus, MultiPHP php.ini files) I think I got them properly figure out!

Thank you for any help you can provide to help me find the proper files!
    #1 Neutrall, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @Neutrall,

You may actually find the cpconftool script useful for this purpose. It's documented at:

The cpconftool Script - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

You can utilize that tool, or browse to the "Configuration backup contents" section of that document to see a list of Exim and Apache configuration files. Note that /etc/exim.conf.localopts stores the "Basic Editor" options configured in "WHM >> Exim Configuration Manager", and /var/cpanel/cpanel.config stores the "Password Strength Configuration" value.

You may also find the following document helpful:

Installation Guide - Customize Your Installation - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Let us know if you have any additional questions.