Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Inbox won't change messages

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by ChrisFlynn18, Nov 21, 2006.

1. ChrisFlynn18

ChrisFlynn18 Registered

Sorry, a desperate newbie here. I've tried searching the forum, but to no avail. cPanel Build 10.9.0-CURRENT 70

Using Horde in CPanel, Outlook Express, and mail2web.com I'm having this problem, so I think it's server-side. I have hosting from dream-hosting.co.uk, so didn't set up my cpanel, but I'm hoping you'll be able to help.

In my email inbox, I can receive new messages. I use IMAP4. However, for the past few days, I've not been able to delete, purge, mark as read, or basically do anything to messages in the Inbox. I can copy them to other folders and manipulate them fine there though.

Other folders are fine. This used to work, but then stopped working. I moved ISPs recently, so changed my outbound SMTP address - although I don't see what this would have to do with server refreshes.

I don't have access to the server, but if there's anything obviously wrong, it might be helpful when I'm talking to my hosting people :)

Incidently, I'm the kinda guy who keeps his inbox totally clear, so I just want to delete everything that's in there... currently that inbox folder is 7533 k though with the mail I want to delete.

#1 ChrisFlynn18, Nov 21, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  2. ChrisFlynn18

ChrisFlynn18 Registered

OK, does anyone have any suggestions of where I could ask, or where someone might know? :)

3. ChrisFlynn18

ChrisFlynn18 Registered

Fixed. That was suprisingly easy. I just logged into File Manager in my cPanel and renamed the 'inbox' file in the mail folder to 'inbox - old'. A new inbox (which behaves properly) was created and seems to function seamlessly :)