The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

inbox??

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by scum1, Jan 13, 2011.

1. scum1

scum1 Registered

So for my site all my mail goes into a user folder. The inbox itself never has any mail in it. When I set up a pop email program or my phone it only check the inbox. I have only been using webmail for the last few years for my site and it has never been a problem but now I have a new smart phone and I want to check my email on the go.

so for the sake of discussion lets say my user name is Bob

Mail Server Username: Bob
    Incoming Mail Server: mail.bob.com

I have several folder where mail is. One of the folders is
    Bob and this is where all the mail sent to Bob@bob.com goes to when someone sends me mail.

When I check my mail using outlook or another email program it looks in the inbox but there is nothing there since all my mail goes into the Bob folder automatically .

My email looks like this in squirrel mail

inbox
    drafts
    sent

then several folders

How do I get my mail into the inbox or how do I tell my email programs to look in the Bob folder?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Not sure I understand but it sounds like your domain name is bob.com and your cPanel login username is bob, and you've been logging into webmail as user bob using bob's cpanel user password. Is this correct?

Have you ever actually created the email account bob@bob.com in the Email Accounts section of cPanel?

When logging into webmail, you want to login using the full email account (bob@bob.com in your example) as the username for login, and the email account password. If this doesn't work, you'll need to create the account.

3. scum1

scum1 Registered

O man you nailed it!! I was logging in as bob and not bob@bob.com (I had created that as an email account). Now if I log in as bob@bob.com it goes to the right folder(inbox). So all along it was the way I was logging in. Thanks! My host was no help at all but you saved the day.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter: