The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incoming Mail not working? [moved]

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by _jinx_, Apr 21, 2005.

1. _jinx_

_jinx_ Registered

Incoming Mail not working?

I just finished setting up e-mail. Only one acount created. I sent an e-mail out to my personal e-mail address and I recieved it fine. However I get no incoming mail.. is there something simple I am missing.

Thanks You to anyone who can help!

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

How are you checking your mail and what happens when you try to receive mail? Do you encounter any error messages? If so, what are they?

In general, if you are using a mail client on your computer and not using a webmail client, consider checking that your incoming and outgoing mail servers are set correctly. If you are using your own domain, check that it is has transferred correctly and bear in mind that many DNS changes take between 24 - 72 hours to propagate.

If you're still stuck, try providing some more specific details such as exactly what you are doing, what happens compared to what you would expect and what errors you are encountering.

3. _jinx_

_jinx_ Registered

Yeah I am recieving no errors, just no mail. I am using the web based e-mail system ( neo something ?!?!) and I read that was the best thing to use. I plan on using Thunderbird to manage all the e-mail when I get thigns running right. I can also wait out the 24 hours to see if I get anything and we'll see what happens. I will find some better information regarding some documentation in terms of fixing it aswell. Thanks!