The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incoming Mail Ports

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Thomas Gautney, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Thomas Gautney

Thomas Gautney Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is a bit of an odd question but I have people above me saying its possible but im not sure if its a good idea or if its possible.

Is it possible to change the incoming mail ports to anything other then 143 and 993(ssl)? If not could you give me a run down why? and if its possible, where in WHM can I set them and what all is entailed with changing them?

I'm not sure if this is a good idea, I friend of mine I went to school with said its better not to mess with it, but didn't seem to know much more then that. Every source online i've been looking at does not say anything about any other ports other then 143 and 993, I can't find anything about changing the to other ports or how to change them. I know how to change from 143 to 993 via SSL. Any help and explanation would be greatly appreciated so I have something to take back to my boss as to why or why not.

Thank you.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

There are no native features in cPanel/WHM that will allow you to quickly and easily change the ports used for incoming email. Could you elaborate on why you are seeking to make a change?

Thank you.