The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incoming Mail Server (SSL) Name change to reflect my domain name and not server name

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by dominionit, Aug 2, 2010.

1. dominionit

dominionit Member

Good day
    ----------

I have tried to search for this, but cannot really find a answer. I have a problem where I have a reseller account with a provider, everything seems fine but with the mail's Incoming server we struggle to get the Incoming mail server to reflect my domain name and not the providers server (machine) name . Example as follows

Incoming Mail Server: mail.mydomain.com
    Incoming Mail Server: (SSL) myvpsproviders.servername.com
    Outgoing Mail Server: mail.mydomain.com (server requires authentication) port 25
    Outgoing Mail Server: (SSL) mail.mydomain.com (server requires authentication) port 465

Does anybody know how one can setup the account that the Incoming SSL mail server also reflects our domain name as in the Outgoing SSL Mail server ?

Thanks for help in Advance

#1 dominionit, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  2. mike817

mike817 Member

Does anyone have any input on this? I'm having the same issue as well.

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    The hostname being displayed is the Common Name (CN) of the SSL certificate installed for SSL access to the Incoming Mail Server, either Courier or Dovecot. To change or reset the SSL Common Name you may reinstall the service SSL certificate or regenerate a new SSL certificate that uses your current server hostname. Service SSL certificates can be managed using WHM via the following menu path: WHM: Main >> Service Configuration >> Manage Service SSL Certificates

While this information is displayed in WHM you may also find the SSL certificate Common Name for the IMAP and POP3 incoming mail server, either Courier or Dovecot, stored in a plain-text file at one or more of the following paths:
    Code:
    /var/cpanel/ssl/courier-imapd-CN
    /var/cpanel/ssl/courier-pop3d-CN
    /var/cpanel/ssl/dovecot-CN
    You may use the following command to find and display the SSL Common Name of all installed service SSL certificates, excluding Apache/httpd:
    Code:
    # find /var/cpanel/ssl -name "*-CN" -exec grep -H '' '{}' \; | sort

4. dominionit

dominionit Member

Thanks

Thank you for this. Will test and let know.

have a nice day

Johannes