Incoming Spam |where 'TO' address is "undisclosed-recipients:"

Tarak Nath

Mar 12, 2018
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

Our all users are receiving unwanted SPAM mails with an attachment where 'TO' address is "undisclosed-recipients:"

We don't know how come they got our email IDs.

Is there any way can we block or reject if any emails comes to "undisclosed-recipients:"

Please help us. We are very worry about such this type of emails.

Regards,
Tarak Nath

rpvw

Jul 18, 2013
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
where 'TO' address is "undisclosed-recipients:"
This normally occurs if the mail only had a BCC address and no 'To' address.
You should be able to create a mail filter something along the lines of
Code:
 "If 'To' does not contain '@domainname.tld' discard message"
WARNING I have not tested this rule: use with care and test thoroughly before deploying it on any mission-critical email account.

Reactions: cPanelLauren

rpvw

Jul 18, 2013
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I am not sure if the 'undisclosed-recipients' is added by end user mail software or webmail, or by exim itself.
Run some tests using the filter test dialogue on the filter Current filter page.
You may need to add an 'OR' to additionally test for an empty string or the lack of a @ in the 'To' line (you could base the whole filter on the lack of the @ character)

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I am not sure if the 'undisclosed-recipients' is added by end user mail software or webmail, or by exim itself.
We could find out if we saw the headers i'd assume, or better yet the exim transaction, as far as I'm aware nothing cPanel does would add this without some heavy customization of the Exim System Filter. @Tarak Nath is this something you can provide?

Also, welcome back @rpvw :)

keat63

Nov 20, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Provide the full email header but take out any information which could be compromised.
Obscure parts of the IP address and the domain name of any email addresses that you don't wish to divulge.