The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incoming SPAM

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sukrub, Nov 5, 2014.

1. sukrub

sukrub Member

Oct 25, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    View Relayers report shows considerable amount of emails (all SPAM) send by user -remote-

Under detailed report for -remote- , under Sender I see email addresses that are not setup in my server, however Recipients are valid users at the server

Example: Oct 16, 2014 7:53:07 AM is the sender and not a valid user at the server is the recipients and is a valid user.

In Exim logs i see this corresponding entry

2014-10-16 07:53:19 1XemQZ-0001VE-MQ <= H=( []:42251 P=esmtp S=6088 T="Huge Discounts on New Cars In Your Area" for

I would like to prevent / disable the ability send mail through the server as -remote-

How can I achieve this? Are there any downsides to it?
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The "-remote-" entry is just an indication that it's an email address from a remote server. I suggest enabling SpamAssassin and reviewing the following thread for information on how to help prevent SPAM:

Additional Spam Prevention Options

Also, the following document lists some additional options you can enable to help prevent SPAM:

Exim - ACL Options

Thank you.