The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

incomplete main cpanel page

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hober, Sep 2, 2005.

1. hober

hober Member

hi, i have a customer who is on a server running cpanel 10.2.0-S83 and all of a sudden the main cpanel page doesn't come in completely (no icons, partial left side column). they are currently using x2 and i tried switching them to bluelagoon and i got the same thing. when viewing the page source it appears that all of the HTML code isn't sent to the browser. i am seeing "Child [22786]: exited with signal 13" messages in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log and suspect that cpsrv is dying. does anybody know of a fix for this besides maybe upgrading to the latest cpanel RELEASE version? oh, the server is running RHEL 3 and all the automatic updates are set to manual. thanks in advance.

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

You could always try restarting cPanel:

Code:
    service cpanel restart
    Or you could force a reinstall of cPanel if you want to stick with STABLE and not upgrade:

Code:
    /scripts/upcp --force

3. hober

hober Member

hi, i tried restarting cpanel already....that doesn't resolve it. i could run /scripts/upcp --force as you suggested but i noticed on a couple of VPSes i have that if i do that it upgrades the server to cpanel 10.6.0 and since there have been a few 10.6.0 releases this week i don't want to do that on this server at this point even though i am thinking about that.

4. hober

hober Member

oops, i just looked at your post and noticed you had STABLE instead of RELEASE so i guess your suggestion of /scripts/upcp --force might be a good idea. i just realized my VPSes are set to RELEASE updates and this server is set to STABLE so maybe it will work. i'll give it a shot....

5. hober

hober Member

thanks webignition, running upcp did the trick....