The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inconsistant Data Transfer Usage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Website Rob, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm curious as to how others handle the descrepancy in Data transfer usage -- between what WHM shows to actual usage.

I have seen where WHM shows 700 MB and yet, Bandmin shows 3.2 GB.

For me it's starting to get a bit out of hand and looking for ideas. I've thought of setting up seperate access (for each account) to their own Bandmin stats and letting them know, that's what to go by. Lotta work though and hoping there is an easier alternative.

BTW, I'm referring here to accounts using Dedicated IPs -- Reseller accounts especially.

2. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

We've been finding not to trust much of anything built into WHM/CP. Here's data for 12/1-12/3 for one of our servers.

WHM
    ------
    Total: 2.35G

Bandmin
    ----------
    In: 304M
    Out: 2.65G

SNMP from Switch
    -------------------
    In: 399M
    Out: 2.91G

We tend to trust the port traffic on the Cisco switch as calculated via SNMP, which is the same way our upstream providers calculate our usage. Of course, given the discrepancies in the values above, it makes it hard to be accurate with individual accounts (there's about a 40% variance in the noted values).