The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

incorrect bandwidth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by torwill, Mar 23, 2003.

1. torwill

torwill Well-Known Member

hello,

my customers keep complaining about incorrect bandwidth in Webalizer/Awstats/Analog than in Cpanel bandwidth. I have a customer's Webalizer/Analog/Awstats reporting that he's only using 5GB this month. but in Cpanel, it is showing 14GB! he doesn't use POP3, and his forum sends out confirmation mails(SMTP, which is not counted anyways, or is it?). and he doesn't use anonymous FTP. so what makes such a big difference?? how could i fix this problem?

also, in WHM Bandwidth (HTTP/POP3/FTP Outgoing Bandwidth Usage for [Mar 2003])... so it's only calculating "outgoing" bandwidth? how about in Webalizer? in or out? or both?

any comments/thought appreciated.

thank you. :)

Cpanel 6.0.0-R108 on RedHat 7.3, with mod_gzip, Zend Optimizer (will these 2 affect? i have them installed).

2. Faldran

Faldran Well-Known Member

I believe your problem is mod_gzip.

Webalizer/Awstats/Analog all record the compressed size of the files sent, while Cpanel records the orginal size of the files sent.

I have a client that uses the mod_gzip, and the stats by Webalizer say like 12 Gig, while Cpanel says 30+ Gig.

Would be nice if they both would record the same.