The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incorrect disk quota display above 4100GB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doctor, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Doctor

Doctor Well-Known Member

It appears there is a bug with cPanel's user quota calculation.

If I assign a user account with over 4100GB disk quota, it would show up in WHM's List Accounts page as 805696 M (instead of 5000000 M).

I had basically done every possible fix (fixquotas, fixeverything, force upcp etc.) to correct the quota error but none of these work. It appears that cPanel is limiting the maximum disk space (in digits) allowed per user account on the server. Of course, if you set it to "unlimited", it works.

I have already submitted a support ticket to cPanel Support but received no word or update from them.

Is there anyone in this forum who can help out?

#1 Doctor, Nov 8, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

I've have a similar issue with an installation on a VPS, all accounts show wildly inaccurate figures for usage in cPanel (WHM reports correct usage), the effect of which prevents things like adding email accounts etc, but setting usage limit to unlimited is the only cure. cPanel had a look at it but did nothing to cure it, in fact left the public html folders with incorrect permissions so they got blocked out of the server after that.

No amount of any cure for quotas issues ont he VPS or node resolved the issue. I did make a post some time ago but no one replied.

As an example, user accounts in cPanel show usages like 1119677845503.97/
    ∞ MB although the Disk Usage page shows correct values. Setting differing values for disk usage limits makes no difference either.

3. highgeere

highgeere Registered
    PartnerNOC

cPanel is intended for shared hosting. I don't think the developers expected anyone to assign a quota of 4TB to one account...

4. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The first report sounds more like a kernel/file system limitation.