Incorrect Disk Usage Warning email

newbies

Active Member
Jul 9, 2004
31
1
156
Hi

I have assigned 1000Meg space to some users. Their actual space usage as listed in WHM is way below that quota. However, they got email warning saying for example "You have currently used 394.50% of your disk space" In this case, I found 394.5% is actually 394.5 Meg NOT 394.5% over his quota. Is this simply a calculation error I should ignor or something I have to take care of?

Thanks.
 

sjackson909

Well-Known Member
Jun 8, 2004
113
0
166
Columbus, OH
Well not the same problem, alltho it mit be from the same problems. I have one server that Disk quota have stoped working. I don't know where to being to start tracking this down.

WHM 9.4.0 cPanel 9.4.1-S70
FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE - WHM X v3.1.0

Thanks
-Seth
 

PbG

Well-Known Member
Mar 11, 2003
246
0
166
As this is a FreeBSD server did you have it delivered with quotas compiled in the kernel? Please confirm that they were actually working on this box previously?

sjackson909 said:
Well not the same problem, alltho it mit be from the same problems. I have one server that Disk quota have stoped working. I don't know where to being to start tracking this down.

WHM 9.4.0 cPanel 9.4.1-S70
FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE - WHM X v3.1.0

Thanks
-Seth
 

TogaDave

Well-Known Member
Apr 13, 2003
134
0
166
Yep, same here:

"The account with the username 'nameremoved', is running out of disk space.
Please remove some files from this account, or ask the administrator to increase your disk quota.
You have currently used 410.03% of your disk space."

When that site is nowhere near even 20% of it's disk usage. :confused:

Running:
WHM 9.7.2 cPanel 9.7.7-E5
RedHat 7.3 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

Going to open a ticket now.
 

captainsanity

Member
Jul 20, 2003
8
0
151
One of our servers is having the same problems with reporting disk quotas inaccurately. The other is working fine. I've run all the fix/updatequotas scripts, tried updating from within WHM. It was working at one point but then stopped working again. Seems very fickle and unreliable.

If it would be helpful to look at my config for troubleshooting purposes please let me know and I'll setup a login for you.

Chris
416-975-5369
 

PbG

Well-Known Member
Mar 11, 2003
246
0
166
What OS? Did this occur after the domain was copied to another server? Is the data being improperly recorded in the /home/virtfs/user or something similiar directory? You can not assume all quota issues are the same.

captainsanity said:
One of our servers is having the same problems with reporting disk quotas inaccurately. The other is working fine. I've run all the fix/updatequotas scripts, tried updating from within WHM. It was working at one point but then stopped working again. Seems very fickle and unreliable.

If it would be helpful to look at my config for troubleshooting purposes please let me know and I'll setup a login for you.

Chris
416-975-5369
 

captainsanity

Member
Jul 20, 2003
8
0
151
Thanks for your post...

I've upgraded the OS from RH 7.3 to RH 9.0. I also upgraded to cPanel Pro.

/home/virtfs doesn't contain a dir for all of the accounts but there doesn't seem to be a corelation to the accounts that have usage stats beside them. I was having problems before the upgrades above.

Thanks for your Response,

Chris

PbG said:
What OS? Did this occur after the domain was copied to another server? Is the data being improperly recorded in the /home/virtfs/user or something similiar directory? You can not assume all quota issues are the same.
 

PbG

Well-Known Member
Mar 11, 2003
246
0
166
This is not the same problem I was having. I suggest you search the drive for all files owned by the user in question. Analyze them to determine what files are being counted erroneously and where they are.

captainsanity said:
Thanks for your post...

I've upgraded the OS from RH 7.3 to RH 9.0. I also upgraded to cPanel Pro.

/home/virtfs doesn't contain a dir for all of the accounts but there doesn't seem to be a corelation to the accounts that have usage stats beside them. I was having problems before the upgrades above.

Thanks for your Response,

Chris