The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

incorrect forwarding

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ipns, Sep 30, 2011.

1. ipns

ipns Member

we have a forwarder on a domain for info@domain.com that should go to user1@domain.com. it goes to user2@domain.com instead. we have removed the forwarder and readded with user1 as the recipient but it still goes to user2. same results after restarting Exim. we checked /etc/valiases/domain.com and it shows user1. I'm rather stumped here so any help would be most appreciated.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you check for any possible filters in cPanel > User Level Filtering and cPanel > Account Level Filtering areas?

You could also check for these in /etc/vfilters/domain.com for Account Level Filtering, and /home/username/domain.com/user1 along with /home/username/domain.com/user2 locations for User Level Filtering. Please note that username would be the cPanel username, while domain.com is the domain name and user1 or user2 are the email account user's name.

3. ipns

ipns Member

There are no filters in User level or Account level filtering. /etc/vfilters/domain.com did have user2 as the recipient and I found nowhere to change it via their cPanel interface. I edited the file manually to user1 and it works correctly now.

Out of curiosity, it would be nice know how that file is manipulated via the cPanel interface.

Thanks for the /etc/vfilters/domain.com tip.