The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Increase exceution time limit.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArfanHaider, Jan 12, 2013.

1. ArfanHaider

ArfanHaider Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,
    I hope you are all fine.
    Dear support team,I am new user and I use cpanel here it a problem that I had a code which execute a long time but after 180 sec a fatal error popup.I want to increase exceution time limit can it is possible if yes please guide me.
    Thanks for taking time.
    Regards,
    Arfan Haider

2. sreej1th

sreej1th Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    By script if you are meaning PHP, you can use the .htaccess file to make the increase in execution time.

=========
    <IfModule mod_php5.c>
    php_value max_execution_time <"TIME-LIMIT">
    </IfModule>
    =========

If you are able to set a php.ini by yourself you can also achieve this by setting the "max_execution_time" variable there to the limit required.

If this does not help, then the issue will be due to server wide settings imposed by your Host. You will have to ask them to increase the limit.

3. ArfanHaider

ArfanHaider Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,
    I make a subdomain in my subdomain I can not able to see .htaccess file but when I use filezilla I can see .htaccess file.
    what is the problem can it is hide in my subdomain folder or any other problem.
    Due to this problem I can not able to change my .htaccess file I had a wamp server software in my computer here is a wamp server php.ini file are present can these php.ini helpfull for me to increase exceution time limit in my hosting plan.
    please tell me.
    Thanks........

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If by this comment you mean you cannot see the .htaccess via cPanel File Manager, on bottom pf the main page of your cPanel account, click the link titled "Reset all interface settings". In doing so, the page will refresh, the first popup you see can be clicked past click No, I'm fine, thanks!. Next, click the File Manager icon. On this popup, be sure to tick the box that says "Show Hidden Files (dotfiles)."

Now, navigate to your public_html and you should see the .htaccess

5. ArfanHaider

ArfanHaider Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I can click on show hidden file (.htaccess) but can not see htaccess file anywhere.
    can here is another method to increase exceution time limit