The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Increase in price of C-panel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by waggy_wheels, Jun 10, 2008.

1. waggy_wheels

waggy_wheels Registered

Hi all, Have a question has there been a recent increase in the price of c-panel as far a server hosts licensing fee goes? Site i belong to has the host telling the owners that he needs to up the per month amount they are paying for server rent due to c-panel increasing its fee's. So i figured i would come here for the answer as i do not trust what the host is telling the owner/owners of the site!

So has there been a recent increase as the host is saying he needs an addition $40.00 a month to cover the increase of c-panel!

Just looking for a straight answer and thanks in advance for any info!

Sincerely
    WW
    :cool:

2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I don't know who get your license from, but it would it be improper for us to discuss their account/pricing publicly. However you may want to consider the following:

At $40 a month, thats $480/yr. The retail pricing for a one year cPanel/WHM license with priority support is $425

http://www.cpanel.net/purchase/cpwhm_pricing.htm

3. waggy_wheels

waggy_wheels Registered

Ok thanks for moving this to the right forum. Thanks for what info that you were able to provide me! I have passed this on to the owners of the site. The host has said there was an increasing in the license fee for the server. So i'm trying to check into that.

Thanks again

4. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Probably an LT server, they just got a $28 a month increase but it was not for cPanel

5. SageBrian

SageBrian Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    But remember that if they are actually paying full retail, it's not unreasonable to ask for $55/yr to manage that.

I'm not saying that is the case here. But I like to point out that the time to manage and update things is worth something.