Time: Tue Dec 2 10:54:08 2008 +1100
Account: wwwmydj
Resource: Virtual Memory Size
Exceeded: 101 > 100 (MB)
Executable: /usr/sbin/crond
Command Line: crond
PID: 16873
Killed: Yes

So I would like to increase my VM to 150 and see if that solves anything but I have no idea how to do this. Does anybody know if this can be done using CPanel?

apscinsspl

Mar 15, 2008
Hello,

I think the crond is executing some php script under that account and the mesage if of PHP virtual memory.

Open the file:

/usr/local/lib/php.ini

there you will find option for virtual memory which you can increase.

thewebhosting

May 9, 2008
This can not be done from CPanel. You need to have a root access in order to follow the steps suggested by apscinsspl.

ghog

Jul 23, 2008
I think the crond is executing some php script under that account and the mesage if of PHP virtual memory.

Open the file:

/usr/local/lib/php.ini

there you will find option for virtual memory which you can increase.
I browsed the php.ini file, as suggested, for virtual memory, and could not find anything at all. Also I have about 9 domains on the server, so I am wondering if it is just the mentioned domain, in the notification messages drawing the excessive resources, how the suggested fix would resolve this? Wouldn't this increase virtual memory on all domain applications and cause greater stress on the server?

I don't know very much about server side admin but from what I understand I need to just bump up the memory resourced allocated to that specific domain. So I am not sure if by adding anything to the root php.ini will help.

Anyhow I am still stumped with this so I would appreciate any suggestions.

rhenderson

Apr 21, 2005
Oklahoma
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Our php.ini looks someting like:

Code:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Resource Limits ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 30     ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 60     ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit=32M
If your using nano once you load the php.ini hit ctrl+w and type in memory and hit enter, then it will search for you.

BTW, What is sending you this email? I have never got one like that, CSF, cPanel, SuHosin??

dnyce

Registered
Dec 27, 2008
San Francisco
You may want to ask your hosting company if they can help you out with this issue. You will definitely need root access as has been suggested earlier.

neorder

Jun 16, 2003
CSF sends that, I'm also wondering why a basic php page would consume 200M RAM...

Time: Tue Jul 6 20:26:18 2010 +0800
Account: mioodd
Resource: Virtual Memory Size
Exceeded: 220 > 200 (MB)
Executable: /usr/bin/php
Command Line: /usr/bin/php /home/mioodd/public_html/xxxxx/index.php
PID: 15443
Killed: No
...And I receive hundreds of such mails from different servers, is it my server configuration got problem?

Miraenda

Jul 28, 2004
Coralville, Iowa USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator