The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

incremental backup - false out of memory?

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by TheStarKillers, Mar 14, 2016.

1. TheStarKillers

TheStarKillers Active Member

Hello,

When cPanel runs incremental backup, it seems to fail for one particular account with an out of memory error. However, when I run start '/usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup' from terminal immediately after (or any other time), the entire thing runs just fine. The entire backup runs very quickly and I do not really see any spike in memory usage.

[2016-03-14 02:00:21 -0400] Copying Bandwidth Data....Summary databases …Out of memory!
    [2016-03-14 02:00:22 -0400] warn [backup] (XID vcvzf2) “/usr/local/cpanel/bin/pkgacct” reported error code “1” when it ended. at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Backup/Utility.pm line 216.
    Cpanel::Backup::Utility::__ANON__(Cpanel::Exception::ProcessFailed::Error=HASH(0x23a5b40)) called at

Output of free -m:

total used free shared buffers cached
    Mem: 15908 14930 977 9 1163 9735
    -/+ buffers/cache: 4032 11875
    Swap: 16375 113 16262

I thought maybe I need to increase "Max cPanel process memory" in tweak settings, but that has not had any effect on this.

What can I do to figure this out?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Did you set the value to unlimited to rule it out as the cause of the problem? Also, are the Cloud Linux or CSF/LFD applications installed on this system?

Thank you.

3. TheStarKillers

Hello Michael,

I did set the value to unlimited, and waited several days but still get the same error each night. This is a CentOS 6.7 machine with CSF/LFD. However CSF is not set to kill any processes (PT_USERKILL is 0), nor do I get any warnings from it when running the backups (either manually by starting the cron script or at night).

I have also tried deleting the entire backup (since this is incremental backup) for that account. The first night the backup then ran without error. However the same error occurs after that, but again there is no error if I run the cron's backup script from terminal.

#3 TheStarKillers, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

5. TheStarKillers

Hello Michael,

I have opened a ticket, with #7494369.

Thank you.