Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incremental backup (rsync?) using S3

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by nlaruelle, Sep 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. nlaruelle

nlaruelle Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

Sorry if the question was asked before, didn't find anything.

Now I use Amazon S3 compressed (.zip) backups. I pay now for around 2 To backups and I have to keep 40% of my cPanel server free of SSD disk space to allow the night backups...

So, I want to optimize somethings...

I want to use incremental cPanel backups. My hoster PlanetHoster told me I have to set it to rsync(?) then, I need a rsync compatible storage device ?

Before, I was thinking about another low cost hosting service with a linux distribution... but expensive already for storage only.

I ask them and they told me about Google Cloud or Storj.io...

So, my question is. Is it possible to set up cPanel incremental backup to Google Cloud, Storj.io or (coz I'm already customer of them) Amazon S3 ?

Do not hesitate to paste me the link I miss to find, I'm sure you made this discussion already.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Incremental backups are only supported to remote destinations in cPanel version 66 using the "rsync" destination type at this time. I encourage you to open a feature request to seek out support for remote incremental backups to additional destinations (e.g. Google Drive, Amazon S3):

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.