The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

index.html reappearing daily

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChrisRiley, May 3, 2006.

1. ChrisRiley

ChrisRiley Member

Apr 11, 2005
    The last two nights at 2:52am and 2:48am server time (May 1, May 2), the default index.html has been reappearing in the home directory on the server.
    1. It shows up in the main directory for the first domain (e.g. the main domain) on the server but none of the other servers.
    2. The index.html is the default cpanel file (e.g. "There is no website configured at this address. You are seeing this page because there is nothing configured for the site you have requested. If you think you are seeing this page in error, please contact the site administrator or datacenter responsible for this site.")
    3. Nothing has changed on the cpanel configuration in months and the server has been fine for 14 months on this server.
    4. Nothing has changed on the server configuration itself in 3 or 4 weeks.
    * I can state #3 & #4 because there is only one person with admin access to that server - me.
    5. There is nothing in the /etc/crontab file that is scheduled to do anything liek that. Ditto for cron.daily etc.
    6. No strange log-ins
    7. No "Quick Security Scan" problems.
    8. Trojan Horse scan looked normal.
    9. I have around 60 different domains on the same server and it only occurs with the first domain I created.

This is with WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.2-R63 RedHat Enterprise 3 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

Any suggestions on stopping this?

I may replace the default cpanel index.html with my server default as a kludge, but would like to stop it...

Thanks for looking at this!