The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Index not loading

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Failedyouth, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Failedyouth

Failedyouth Registered

I'm new to using cPanel and I've had a problem with viewing my index page when loading my website "faieldyouth.com", I recently set up my acconut with Gridwebhosting, and uploaded my index page named "index.html" and stored it under the /Public_html/ folder. Yet the only way I can view the page is via www.failedyouth.com/index.html, and not by visiting www.failedyouth.com, which simply shows my hosts landing page. Help would be much appreciated thanks.

2. jacks

jacks Active Member

why not getting technical support from your hosting company, Gridwebhosting?

3. Failedyouth

Failedyouth Registered

'cause they aren't responding to my emails. Also, I was just wondering if my files were, for example, In the right directory or something needed to be configured.

4. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

Did you reallly mean
    ? It is usually all lowercase. Also, try renaming the file just .htm and see if that makes a difference. Some versions/installs of Apache do not have index.html as a start page for it to autoload.

5. pbm1982

pbm1982 Member

Check that the Document Root in the Virtual Host Entry for your Domain is correctly set
    in /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf :
    Code:
    DocumentRoot /home/<username>/public_html
    Also, please check that the file name is correctly set. It should be either index.htm or index.html . It will automatically take this page as your default page for your domain.