The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

index page help

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Tananda, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Tananda

Tananda Registered

Hi,

I am able to build "normal" HTML webpages... so a friend asked me to do him a favour, and edit something on his web-page.
    well, his page is some complicated sql database.

All i need to do is edit meta tags... but, index.html is there, but obviously is not used (when i enter whole adress with index.html ending it, it doesnt show anything... and when i tried to edit it, all it says, it says test, no source code....),
    index.php does not exist....

i opened almost all the files there, in code editor, and i cant find this basic site with <head> tag...
    where should i look?

i glanced through some sql manuals online, but they only teach you how to use ut,
    not how to find what i need.....

thanx for bothering with such a basic problem... :)

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The information you are seeking to edit is likely stored in the MySQL database itself. You will need to use a tool such as PHPMyAdmin to make changes directly to the database. If the database is used as part of a PHP application, there is likely an administrative panel included with the application that will allow you to make changes to the web pages.

Thank you.

3. Tananda

Tananda Registered

Thanx!

Well, in Database section, there is a phpPgAdmin application (that i havent seen in my other cpanel windows.. or havent noticed :) ) - is that the thing you are suggeting i'd use? because it wont let me log in with the admin password i've been given...

Because, I went to phpMyAmdin and... well, couldnt get a clue for what i should been looking at...

i've done another google search - but it just didnt make much sense to me {something like adding the attribute Runat="server" ... does it make sense to you? :) }

i guess i should just drop this whole business and go and pick flowers or something? :((

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

PHPMyAdmin is a tool used for handling MySQL database administration. Likewise, phpPgAdmin is a tool used for handling PostgreSQL database administration. I'm not positive either of these tools will be useful to you, as it appears the problem you are having is related to the application itself.

This forum is typically reserved for questions pertaining to cPanel/WHM and related products. You may have better luck finding assistance at a web design forum, or through the support methods provided by the application installed on the website you are building.

Thank you.