Indexing Parked (alias) domain ?

dxer

Sep 9, 2002
Europe
I have parked domain on top of main domain.
How can I make Google to index this parked domain name and show it in search results?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

The previous post should help. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Ok, I did that but status is marked as !Redirected .
Not sure if this is OK ?
Hello,

Are you redirecting the URL as it appears in the browser address bar through any rules in your .htaccess file, or in the script installed in the website's document root?

Thank you.

dxer

Sep 9, 2002
Europe
I used cPanel feature Aliases which I belive is former Parked domains , right ?
I just want to set this correct so Google will fetch this parked domain properly.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I used cPanel feature Aliases which I belive is former Parked domains , right ?
Yes, that's correct.

I just want to set this correct so Google will fetch this parked domain properly.
To clarify, when you visit the domain alias via a web browser, does another domain name appear in the address bar?

Thank you.

dxer

Sep 9, 2002
Europe
When I visit domain alias, immediatelly it is switch to main domain on top of which this domain alias is parked.
This is how this feature domain alias is working.
Should I change something and how ?
Thanks

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
When I visit domain alias, immediatelly it is switch to main domain on top of which this domain alias is parked.
That's not the intended behavior. This suggests rules in your .htaccess file, or in the script installed to the website are redirecting requests to the primary domain name.

Thank you.

dxer

Sep 9, 2002
Europe
Like I said, I used domain alias feature in cPanel. This is how this feature works, you should know.
If this is not good for Google search engine, please tell me how to set this correctly

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

For instance, try uploading a simple test HTML file to the document root of the domain name and accessing the file over the aliased domain name in the web browser (e.g. aliased-domain.tld/123.html). Does the domain name in the address bar still change? If not, then it's the script you are using, and not cPanel, that's redirecting the domain name in the address bar.

Thank you.

dxer

Sep 9, 2002
Europe
I did this test and this domain alias stays, it is not redirected . But when I enter just domain alias name, without specific page/path, it is redirected to main domain.
BTW....we are talking about Wordpress website. Anything I can change so it will not redirect to main domain ?
So I am still not sure how Google will fetch this or if it will fetch at all because of this ?