The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Individual account mail filtering

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jetz, Mar 24, 2005.

1. jetz

jetz Registered

Mar 24, 2005
    Hi, I recently moved a hosted domain account to a new ISP that uses cPanel. Overall, I love it, except one thing. Is it possible to set email filter rules that only apply to specific accounts, instead of the entire domain?

For example, I have some email users who want their mail filtered at the server. Others want all mail and let their client do the filtering. However, using cPanel's filters, I can only set filter rules that apply to ALL mail accounts. Other users have their own personal filters, for example to forward messages from family members to a separate AOL address.

I was able to do this quite easily at my old ISP. It was so easy that the individuals could make their own filters, I didn't have to manage much. But I am unable to do this now with cPanel (or with Horde).

I have done a lot of web searches and searches in thsi forum, but I cannot find a solution. I am willing to install a 3rd party add-on or script if something is available, but I haven't found it. As I said, I am not the ISP, so a handful of possible solutions are unavailable because I don't have root or command-line access... I can only use cPanel (I can obviously upload files to my hosting account).

If there is any help out there, please let me know. Thank you in advance.