The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Individual Mailbox Stats

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Joe Goldman, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Joe Goldman

Joe Goldman Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi *,

An account on one of my servers has a 60GB bandwidth limit, but usually only uses 5-10GB. This month this has grown exponentially to 55GB, and we can succesfully see using cPanels bandwidth page, that it is POP3 using the bandwidth. What we'd like to be able to do, is drill down further and find out which mailbox(es) in particular is using the majority of this bandwidth. Tailing the maillog and exim_mainlog shows little information to go off as it is not entirely busy at this time. I believe it happens in 'attacks' almost.

Is there a way to get more detailed information in regards to POP3 bandwidth usage? The best way I could imagine it right now is wriging a script that watches for dovecot logs in maillog (Dovecot does the POP3 doesn't it?), grep for the domain, group by individual email address' and count all the size= values as a total value. This could be half a day wasted in perfecting though so wanted to know if this information is handily available?