Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Inexpensive domain registrars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thunderchild, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    My current registrar seems to be getting more and more expensive to hold domain names. Can anyone recommend a domain registrar ?

I've looked around but no one seems to want to give actual prices, just make silly offers for one year and no true indication of the long term cost or do I have to start moving every year to take advantage of offers ?

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

All the registrar will provide you with year or at max triennial transaction, no one will give a lifetime cost for a single domain. It is their recurring cost. If you are looking for cheap one, you can avail their offer by moving from one registar to another..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Thunderchild

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    yes i know there is a yearly cost but no one seems to publish this cost for after the first year. I have a domain coming up for renewal for £16 for two years (.org.uk) but i used to pay £9 for two years.....

4. web-project

web-project Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. RadWebHosting

RadWebHosting Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    If you're looking to utilize a registrar for the sake of reselling domains to your clients, I would recommend OnlineNIC's API and Reseller program

6. Thunderchild

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well I'm not trying to do actual reselling in the form of customers coming to a website and automatically buying packages. I tend to manually manage hosting and domains for organizations I am involved with so I just need the cheapest really. LCN even after offering me a discount package was £6.95 for a .org.uk, ovh.co.uk will do it for £2.99.... I mean this domain lark is getting expensive.... with a cloud server of my own with its own DNS server i hardly need to care about the registrar themselves as I just need it registering, everything else is handled by my server.

7. Dave Kalush

Dave Kalush Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    try this opensrs.com

8. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You will likely receive more user-feedback to this type of question on a discussion website such as WebHostingTalk. The cPanel Forums generally steer towards issues related to the cPanel & WHM product itself.

Thanks!