The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inherited Drupal Site - Should I stay or should I go?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Teddey, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Teddey

Teddey Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Evening All

I have just started a new job as an office assistant for a very small local charity in London (only 3 p/t members of staff) and I have inherited responsibility for the website. It was built using Drupal by a volunteer several years ago (who's now non-contactable) and whilst I have minimal experience of updating websites (Silva), the administration of our website/Drupal is unfathomable to me.

The site only has five pages, storage space of 2gb (which is almost max'd out) and does not have more than a couple of hundred visits a month (if that...)

As I'm unlikely to be given a budget in excess of £100, Drupal training is out of the question, and tutorials and help sites are not particularly easy to follow (for me at least...).

So my question is, should I spend the budget on a Wordpress/alternate account (on the assumption it is easier to maintain/update), or should I just keep plugging away with Drupal?

All and any ideas/suggestions will be most warmly welcomed

Thanks

Teddey

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You may have an easier time finding tutorials and user-feedback for WordPress. You can review their support options to see if it's suitable for your needs:

WordPress › Support

Thank you.