Feb 22, 2017
Colombia
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hi Guys, I have been working on an alternative inode limit "proof of concept" for cpanel without cloudlinux.

I have checked the Inode.pm (Cpanel/Quota/Inode.pm) and the functionality is there, if you run the command as suggested the inode limit is applied, but there is a problem with dovecot due to a quota rule that is set by cPanel when you apply the inode limit, it adds a rule with the format *:count:<file limit> and it is not supported by dovecot so any access to mailboxes inside the account fail.

May you guys help me out telling me if the code is a work in progress, it is a bug, or if there is any workaround for this so i can use the inode limit without cloudlinux?

Thanks!

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @Camilo Herrera

I can't tell you when this will be added to cPanel/WHM as a feature but I do know that there is a feature request open for this already which you can find here: Limit inode usage.

Thanks!

Feb 22, 2017
Colombia
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hi @Camilo Herrera

I can't tell you when this will be added to cPanel/WHM as a feature but I do know that there is a feature request open for this already which you can find here: Limit inode usage.

Thanks!
Hi! thanks for your answer, but my question is why cPanel source code is adding a rule that is not supported (*:count:<file limit>) to the dovecot configuration when you apply the inode limit?, and if it is a bug or there is a workaround to fix this behavior, or if we are not supposed to be using this functionality as provided (in the source code).

I mean, if you apply the inode limit with a "vanilla" cPanel install it effectively limits the file count (like cloudlinux) but breaks dovecot quota configuration.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @Camilo Herrera

A customization breaking functionality wouldn't be considered a bug, in this instance while the perl module is present it's not used for the same thing you're trying to use it for and while I do understand that you're attempting to customize the code to perform this function it isn't something that we currently support which is why the feature request would be the best avenue for this.

Thanks!