Install a package for just one CageFS user?

jerrac

Jun 9, 2016
Oregon
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have a tool I'd like to install for just one CageFS user. Is that possible?

yum and rpm are not part of the CageFS skeleton, so I can't use those tools, and I don't want to add them to the skeleton... Is there any other, simple, means to install an .rpm for a single user?

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello @jerrac

Because RPM's are system-wide packages this wouldn't be possible. Any RPM installed would be available for use by any user. There might be another solution though can you explain what RPM/what you're trying to do exactly?

jerrac

Jun 9, 2016
Oregon
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The CentOS 7 64bit version of wkhtmltopdf

I did look into just extracting the files and uploading them to the users directory, but I couldn't quite figure out where to put the binaries so they'd be found by any of the users scripts, or the header files so they'd be found by the binaries.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @jerrac

You might be able to do this by adding the RPM and managing the CageFS template? Documentation on FileSystem Templates with cagefs can be found here: File System Templates

jerrac

Jun 9, 2016
Oregon
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi @jerrac

You might be able to do this by adding the RPM and managing the CageFS template? Documentation on FileSystem Templates with cagefs can be found here: File System Templates
Yes, that'd be how I'd add it for all CageFS users. I was hoping to do it for just one. :)

# yum install wkhtmltox
# cagefsctl --addrpm wkhtmltox
Would add the tool to all cagefs users as soon as I told cagefs to update all of the users skeletons again.

(At least I think that's how it'd work. Been a while since I've need to add an rpm to the skeleton.)

Anyway, from the sounds of things, that's the only option I have right now. Oh well.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
My assumption was that based on reading the documentation you could upload a separate template for that customer:

CageFS creates a filesystem template in /usr/share/cagefs-skeleton directory. CageFS template will be mounted for each customer. The template is created by running:
But it does indeed look like that is a generic template for all cusotmers. You might check with CloudLinux specifically for information on whether or not it's possible to make the customization you are wanting.