The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

install a rpm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shanit, Feb 9, 2006.

1. shanit

shanit Well-Known Member

can someone tell me some where I can find out what all these scripts/software is inside my whm under install a rpm theres tons of things I'm guessing some is prolly good stuff, when I used to have a reseller I when I would create an account it would tell me how many accounts I had left to create and how much space and all that in a little table on bottom I only saw this under create a new account, can one of these rpms have that show up again. thanks

shannon

2. rustelekom

rustelekom Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

not sure that clear understand you, but regarding rpm - you may install it under WHM install software menu or from shell by rpm -Uvh somerpm.rpm

If youask about which rpm can show you how many account you have left, then i am sure that this is not depend from rpm but depend from your setting in REseller center. As i remember you should set for reseller - resourse uasage option and set some limits...

3. elliotcooper

elliotcooper Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

The RPM's that you see are a list of all the pre-compiled packages that are available for you OS. Everything is incluided here from the Gnome Desktop game Tuxracer to compilers alternative file systems and bluetooth packages. 99.9% of this stuff will be no use to you and will most likly cause you serious problems if you install it. If you want to know what the packages do copy the name and past it into google. If it doesn't have a home page then you will most likely find it on:

http://sourceforge.net/

or

http://freshmeat.net/

If you are administering a server then you should be *really* careful about what you install as it will likly have consequences that are not immediatly obvious and will probably cause you headaches.

The function that you are looking for sounds more likly to be either a theme or setting from within WHM. You should start from there and leave the RPM's well alone if you don't know what they are.