The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

install and mamage cpaddons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by uswebdesigner, Nov 19, 2011.

1. uswebdesigner

uswebdesigner Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am trying to understand what the WHM interface area under "cpanel/install cpaddons" and "cpanel/manage cpaddons" does. I have read the manual and it is still unclear.

Would this control what addons are included as options in Fantastico, if I had an account with Fantastico and had it included as an option in my client's cPanels? Or is it something else?

For example, there is one for WordPress. What would it do if I ticked the box next to WordPress in the Install cPAddons screen, because I see no effect of the default ones that are ticked reflecting in any specific way in cPanels off my WHM.

Thanks,

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

cPAddons are scripts available for users to install using the "Site Software" icon in cPanel. The "Install cPAddons" option is used to enable/disable which scripts are available. The "Manage cPAddons" option allows you to see which scripts have been installed, and if any need to be updated.

Thank you.