The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install Certificate from Godaddy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jhyland87, Feb 13, 2010.

1. jhyland87

jhyland87 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, so this is pretty basic, and I feel kinda lame for posting about it, but oh well.

Godaddy only lets you generate the higher bit SSL's now, so I had to do it manually via the command line.

I generated the CSR, and thats fine, she went to godaddy, got the .crt file, and gave it back to me, but the interface wont let me install it, when I paste the contents of the .key and the .crt, and hit "Install Certificate", it doesnt do anything.. nothing.

I cant find a way to do this via the command line, so I edited the httpd.conf file, and added the following in her VirtualHost instance, heres the contents (names changed to xxxxxxxx)
    But now when I restart apache, it just says contact the administrator, apache failed...

what am I doing wrong?

2. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

You will need to check the apache error logs for the exact error message which you are receiving. You can check the apache error logs from the below mentioned location:

/usr/local/apache/log/error_log.

3. jhyland87

jhyland87 Well-Known Member

So heres the error.

Which doesnt make sense, because I generated the CSR and Key, gave the customer the CSR, they gave me the .crt, and its throwing the error.

:mad: