The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install cPAddons problem while using custom vendor for Joomla and Magento

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by craigboi, Nov 2, 2009.

1. craigboi

craigboi Registered

I tried to install a joomla and a magento CpAddon and now. when i go onto CpAddon i no longer have the bit at the bottom where i add the url for the add on site.

Screen-capture image: http://yappi.co.uk/cpanelerror.png

i rebooted the server (graceful server reboot) and i got this sent to my email.

Code:
    Native SSL support failed to pass the startup test.  stunnel was started instead.
    	The exact error was: [linktest=/usr/local/cpanel/bin/linktest-ssl: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/local/cpanel/perl/Net/SSLeay/SSLeay.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    ] [binary=/usr/local/cpanel/cpsrvd-ssl] [cpsrvd=/usr/local/cpanel/cpsrvd-ssl: error while loading shared libr

is there anyway i can get rid of those CpAddons through the root files? it was definatley the magento Cpaddon that did this from trying this.

Joomla and Magento cPAddons

any help much appreciated im a nub when it comes to this.

thanks

Attached Files:

#1 craigboi, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2010
  2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Rebooting should not be necessary. Please submit a ticket so that we can take a closer look at the cPAddons-related issue in WHM. If possible, please PM me the ticket number upon submission.

Regarding Native SSL, I would try the following command as a first-step (via root SSH access):
    Code:
    # /scripts/autorepair nativessl

3. florenceit

florenceit Member

Hi
    was there ever any resolution to this ? i have just experienced the exact same problem with the exact same cpaddon script (was trying to setup joomla)?

my cpaddons section is completely useless at the moment.

thank you !

4. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    When testing I noticed the download was failing for the Magento custom cPAddon; if I had to speculate I suspect that this might be a licensing issue with the custom cPAddon vendor as the specific module "Magento" has a price listed on the vendor's web site, unlike the other module for Joomla that is listed as free and that downloads without issue: http://www.ename.ro/cpaddons/

For reference, here is the primary directory where the cPAddons are stored:
    Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/cpaddons/
    Here are two files and a directory path installed when using the custom cPAddon vendor "eName":
    Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/cpaddons/cPAddonsMD5/eName.pm
    /usr/local/cpanel/cpaddons/cPAddonsAvailable/eName.pm
    /usr/local/cpanel/cpaddons/eName/
    Additionally, the custom cPAddon modules and vendor source URL is defined/referenced in the following file:
    Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/cpaddons/cPAddonsConf.pm
    To correct the issue it is necessary to modify the above file and remove the entry for the custom cPAddon named "Magento"; for reference purposes, here is command-line output from the "diff" utility showing the edit involved, as indicated by a single minus sign in front of the one line that was removed:
    Code:
    # diff -us /usr/local/cpanel/cpaddons/cPAddonsConf.pm.backup /usr/local/cpanel/cpaddons/cPAddonsConf.pm
    --- /usr/local/cpanel/cpaddons/cPAddonsConf.pm.backup	2010-01-11 21:05:37.000000000 -0600
    +++ /usr/local/cpanel/cpaddons/cPAddonsConf.pm	2010-01-11 21:07:12.000000000 -0600
    @@ -28,7 +28,6 @@
        'cPanel::Guest_Books::Advanced_Guestbook' => { 'version' => '2.4.4', 'VERSION' => '0.1', },
        'cPanel::Support::cPSupport' => { 'version' => '1-0.9.1', 'VERSION' => '0.2', },
        'eName::CMS::Joomla' => { 'version' => '1.5.14', 'VERSION' => '0.0.9', },
    -   'eName::Ecommerce::Magento' => { version => 0, VERSION => 0 },
     );

our %vend = (
    It may also help to ensure the following file and directory do not exist, assuming a license is not acquired from the custom cPAddons vendor:
    Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/cpaddons/eName/Ecommerce/Magento/
    /usr/local/cpanel/cpaddons/eName/Ecommerce/Magento.pm

5. florenceit

florenceit Member

Hi
    thank you very much for you help. I had opened a support case as well with you and one of your excellent techs found the problem to be an oscommerce problem. thanks again for your reply though as it gives me a lot better understanding of where everything is in cpanel. so i guess it looks like this would have happened no matter what cpaddon i tried installing if i understand him correctly. if it helps anyone else here's the results of my support ticket:

I had an excellent tech named John Kata who said the following:

"All fixed. I had to move /usr/local/cpanel/cpaddons/cPanel/Ecommerce/OSCommerce* to /root/backup, because the old osCommerce sources were not compatible with WHM anymore."