The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install Cpanel on Rackshack server (with Ensim3.1)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SkateYeah, Dec 22, 2002.

1. SkateYeah

SkateYeah Member

Like the topic says, I would like to use cpanel instead ensim on my rachack boxe's, can anybody tell me the install and setup procedure?

Help on this is very important!

Regards
    Dubian

2. ozzi4648

ozzi4648 Guest

Sent you a PM

3. A-Dep

A-Dep Member

i also wish to install cpanel on to types of rackshacks i own... a plain rackshack and an ensim rackshack, please get back to me asap.

thanks

4. TheVoice

TheVoice Well-Known Member

you can easily install cpanel over ensim and plain redhat. Understand that rackshack will not support cpanel(at least not yet anyway). So it would be best to go with a distributor that includes support for your license.

5. ozzi4648

ozzi4648 Guest

[quote:0753843a06][i:0753843a06]Originally posted by A-Dep[/i:0753843a06]

i also wish to install cpanel on to types of rackshacks i own... a plain rackshack and an ensim rackshack, please get back to me asap.

thanks[/quote:0753843a06]

You should email me at the link below!

6. SkateYeah

SkateYeah Member

Thing is we don't wish to pay somebody to install it for us but rather learn how to do it ourselfs (no ofense)!

Waiting an answer
    Regards
    Dubian

7. ozzi4648

ozzi4648 Guest

Your absolutely correct. You should do it yourself if you can afford use your box as a testing server. If you break it then just get a OS restore and start over. Ensim on the other hand is a different animal.

8. SkateYeah

SkateYeah Member

Well I guess we can do this on one of our empty boxes, what is the procedure? (no need to port other accounts just get cpanel up and running ;) )

cheers and merry xmas

9. A-Dep

A-Dep Member

Download the install for your platform from LAYER2.CPANEL.NET... from there, it's easy (license file etc...)

Also SkateYeah please could i talk about some business with you, Please email me at adam@nverio.com. Thanks.

10. brandonk

brandonk Well-Known Member

I think that it would actually be more cost effective for you to order a server from another provider with CPanel already on it and then just transfer the ensim accounts using the copy tool... Otherwise, there are instructions on this board, do a search and you will find them.

11. SkateYeah

SkateYeah Member

[quote:3b56dbecd6][i:3b56dbecd6]Originally posted by brandonk[/i:3b56dbecd6]

I think that it would actually be more cost effective for you to order a server from another provider with CPanel already on it and then just transfer the ensim accounts using the copy tool... Otherwise, there are instructions on this board, do a search and you will find them.[/quote:3b56dbecd6]

Well thing is most of the providers offering similiar offers with cpanel got serious issues (downtime, hardware, lack of support,etc..) so :)

12. Godcore

Godcore Active Member

we are using a company called Atjeu... we've been with them for years. Basically zero downtime, competitive rates, and awesome support. I think they are a CPanel partner too.

www.atjeu.com