The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install FFMPEG library

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lygas, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Lygas

Lygas Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi there,

Some of my sites need ffmpeg conversion tool to work (video component / joomla) and i look how to install the latest ffmpeg library or/and essentials.

My server specks are:
    WHM 11.30.3 (build 5)
    CENTOS 5.7 x86_64 standard on server

Any help about..?

Thanks,

Demetris

#1 Lygas, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Did you try an online search to find a guide?

ServerTune KnowledgeTune / HowTo :: Install and configure FFmpeg and FFpeg-Php

This appears to be an example guide. Please direct questions about installation to whichever guide you choose to utilize online.

Please note that assistance with FFMPEG software application installations (including software that utilizes this software) and technical support for this piece of software are not available from cPanel. While FFMPEG software is distributed subject to GPL licenses, the use and installation of the software may also require patent licenses from third parties.

Because of the legal uncertainty relating to the FFMPEG software application, we are not able to assist in the installation or troubleshooting of FFMPEG.

This is not legal advice or a legal opinion. We are simply explaining that our participation in the installation/troubleshooting of this software is not available. Please see the following location for any legal discussion:

FFmpeg License and Legal Considerations