The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install IonCube 5 directly on a cPanel account?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DWHS.net, Mar 23, 2016.

1. DWHS.net

DWHS.net Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We have a customer that needs to IonCube 5 and since CPanel is still on 4 we would like to install it into the customers account.

I see that you would download the Loaders: Loader Download - PHP Encoder, protection, installer and performance tools from ionCube

Into the site, but from there I am a little stuck.

Would I add a php.ini file into the public_html foloder and then add this line:

[Zend]
    zend_extension=/absolute path/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_X.Y.so

Thanks,

I would rather not add it server wide, we are waiting for CPanel to update for this.

2. DWHS.net

PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I download all the loaders into a folder in the public_html called: ioncube

I then added this in a php.ini file in the public_html folder for the account

[Zend]
    zend_extension=/home/username/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.6.so

We'll see if it works!

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  4. DWHS.net

PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have you done this? Not to be a jerk but you just sent me into a circle. This literally might be the worst possible answer I could of possibly got. And might detour someone else from actually helping.

Here is what the script says that you suggested.

The ionCube Loader version 4.7.5 for PHP 5.5 is already installed but it is an old version. It is recommended that the Loader be upgraded to the latest version if possible.

The installed version of the Loader cannot run files produced by the most recent ionCube Encoder. You will need a version 5 ionCube Loader to run such files.

----------------

Has anyone actually installed ioncube on the domain level that might be able to help? It might not matter but I have spent over 100k with CPanel is it really hard to hire someone on the forum to help people?

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback. The advice to use the Loader Wizard script comes directly from IonCube. They post here on the cPanel forums, and have advised users to use the loader wizard in posts such as this:

ioncube problem

I can see how this might offer too much information for an average end-user (the website suggests the wizard makes installing loaders a simple task), so offering our own instructions is likely a better option.

This is likely the easiest instruction to offer. Keep in mind that it requires a server environment that allows users to populate individual php.ini files. Did this method work as it's intended to?

Thank you.

6. DWHS.net

PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    No biggie

CPanel has a strong relationship with their customers so they wont jump ship from bad support (unlike hosting). Is not just this post, for years now the forum is near useless. Wish they would just hire someone to help here that gives a damn.

Anyways now you know the script is useless on the account level. It just says to upgrade the server, a wild goosehunt if you are trying to get help on the account level.

I'll just try to get help elsewhere like most my other posts here.