The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install keeps going

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flykiller, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Flykiller

Flykiller Member

hi iv been installing my trail Cpanel for 3 hours it just keeps on.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Can it take this long

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

3 hours is too long. You've likely picked up a slow mirror. I would abort it and start the installer again if I were you. Before doing that, though, have you checked the installation log files which are created in /var/log/cpanel*

3. cgoleman

cgoleman Member

I'm having the same symptom trying to install the latest version of cPanel to a new server, any ideas what is going on? This is a fresh RH ES 3 install and I'm getting the exact same thing........................................................................................................................

4. NetPublicist

NetPublicist Well-Known Member

We have the same problem on our new server at the office.

We did a fresh install of RedHat ES minimal and then ran the cPanel install, it has been five hours since we started it and all we have on the screen is ................................................

When I SSH into the box from my workstation and run tail -f cpanel-install-thread1.log I see

cPanel install started at: Wed Oct 12 08:48:24 2005!

If I run tail -f cpanel-install-thread0.log I see what looks like the Red Hat Network Registration Privacy Statement screen.

If I stop the installation to start it again, do I have to reformat my HD?

5. cgoleman

cgoleman Member

In our case it ended up being that we had not registered the system with RedHat. Apparently there is a dependancy that the cPanel installer needs to be able to access RHN to get updates during the cPanel install. Once we registered the system the cPanel install took off with no further problems. We did not need to reformat the drive, we just restarted the cPanel install. I don't believe this will cause you any problems because the cPanel install never really starts, it just sits there.

Take care,