The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install Magento

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tostrye, Mar 8, 2011.

1. tostrye

tostrye Member

I am trying to install Magento for one of my accounts. I have extracted the package I got from their site, changed permissions, and I can get to the installer, but before I can enter any information it says:
    o PHP extension "pdo_mysql" must be loaded.
    o PHP extension "mcrypt" must be loaded.
    o PHP extension "curl" must be loaded.
    o PHP extension "gd" must be loaded.
    How do I install these extensions?

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can install mcrypt, cURL and GD using EasyApache. First, from the shell as root, run the following command:

Code:
    # /scripts/installgd
    Next, again from the shell as root, type the following command:

Code:
    # /scripts/easyapache
    Or, in the WebHost Manager, click Main >> Software >> EasyApache (Apache Update). The extensions will be listed in Step #6, Exhaustive Options List.

You can install PDO_MYSQL by clicking Main >> Software >> Module Installers and, next to PHP Pecl, clicking Manage. Enter PDO_MYSQL in the search box, and it will be listed along with an option to install it.

If you are not the server administrator with root access to SSH and the WHM, you will need to ask your host to do this for you.

3. tostrye

tostrye Member

Thanks for the help. I see everything I need to do! I am running a server that hosts several other sites, and I need to rebuild Apache in order to do this. Will this be any risk for data loss?

4. cPanelJared

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    EasyApache backs up your existing (presumably working) Apache and PHP before starting the build. If any problems are detected during the build that would prevent Apache from starting, the build is stopped and the backed-up versions are put back. There is very little risk of significant downtime. The most downtime you should see is a few seconds at the end of the build when Apache is restarted so the new versions take effect.

If any problem does happen that causes Apache not to start, please submit a ticket so that we may fix the problem. Tickets submitted concerning services down are treated with emergency status until the service is back up.

5. tostrye

tostrye Member

Great! Thanks for the help.

6. Crazy-t

Crazy-t Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

I have done the above however I don't know where can I possibly find the adon for magento if you can please help me out here !

7. cPanelJared

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We do not ship Magento with cPanel. The advice I gave was given with the assumption that the user had already downloaded the Magento installation package from the Magento site; I did not mean to imply that cPanel comes with Magento.

You will need to download Magento and install it yourself on a site, just like any other site software. The Magento documentation would be a good place to start:

Magento - Home - eCommerce Software for Growth

If you are not comfortable installing site software yourself on your server, I recommend asking for help from your hosting provider or considering hiring a qualified server administrator who can do this for you. We offer a list of server administrators in our application catalog here:

Sys Admin Services | cPanel App Catalog