jones3

Registered
Jun 25, 2018
Philippines
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I've googled extensively and seen that in essence, installing Django with cpanel is not possible, unless you use Cloundlinux or are a linux engineer, neither of which apply to me.

So in my last effort/attempt before cancelling my VPS service with my provider, I'd like to ask, is there any conceivable way I could install mod_wsgi which is a required step for Django setup whilst I have cpanel installed? As far as I understand the apache version with cpanel completely invalidates the ability to install mod_wsgi.

Any help would be appreciated.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011

tudorh

Dec 9, 2004
Is there a non-experimental way to get mod_wsgi? Since the forced upgrade to EasyApache4 all our wsgi apps suddenly won't work. I don't really want to push an experimental environment into production just for mod_wsgi.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Is there a non-experimental way to get mod_wsgi? Since the forced upgrade to EasyApache4 all our wsgi apps suddenly won't work. I don't really want to push an experimental environment into production just for mod_wsgi.
Hello @tudorh,

We don't have a specific time frame to offer on the publication of the mod_wsgi RPM to the EA4 production repo at this time, however we upgraded this RPM just a couple of months ago and confirmed it worked as expected:

Experimental Repository Change Log - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

2018-11-15
  • ea-apache24-mod_wsgi
    • EA-7997: Update to current version 4.6.5
Thank you.