The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install PHP Zip module and zziplib - Compile PHP individually

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arvand, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Arvand

Arvand Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Install PHP Zip module and zziplib - Compile PHP by hand

Hello,

A client asked to have zziplib installed to use with his gallery php script. I installed zziplib and it looks like it placed some files from the dev package into /usr/include and some into /usr/bin. Now the questions are:

Since Cpanel uses easyapache to install apache/php how would I compile php again to use the same configuration (from phpinfo()) along with this extra zip --with-zip[=DIR]

Second question is would the DIR be /usr?

The server has phpsuexec on. Would this be possible? Use the source files in cpanel directory and ./configure it with all the options in phpinfo() along with this extra configure option. Then run sh install. Let me know how you go about compiling php with Cpanel on your servers (by hand without easyapache).

Also, is there a possibility that there could be a feature added where we can include configure options into easyapache?

Thank you,

Arvand Sabetian

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

#1 Arvand, Sep 25, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2003
  2. mickeymouse

mickeymouse Well-Known Member

Dear Arvand,

Download easyapache and recompile apache adding
    ./configure --with-zip=/usr/local/apache. To keep the same configuration add the options with ./configure with the specified path. Yes it is possible with phpsuexec,but it is advisable to turn it off during php recompilation.There are also pure php classes that can handle zip files,for more information refer the URL

http://www.phpconcept.net/pclzip/index.en.php

Regards,