The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install phpBB on cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mhrt, Jun 3, 2010.

1. mhrt

mhrt Registered

Parallel Plesk Cpanel help!!!

i want to install forum phpbb in my cpanel but it says test again and again because of the the files and directory permissions are only found but are unwritable....
    what should i do in my cpanel so all the permission are going to be writeable so i can install the forum....

[​IMG]

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You'd do better to ask your host for assistance with this one. Short of that, try setting the directories in question to permissions of 755 first, and if that's no good, try 777. Using your FTP client you should be able to simply right click the directory and choose properties to find the CHMOD settings.

If you're using cPanel's File Manager, click on the directory one time, and then look at top of page for the icon titled "Change Permissions" click that, type in 755 and save.

Those directories need to be "writable" this should take care of that.

This is not actually related to cPanel though, so your host should be the one to explain this sort of thing to you.

GL!

3. mhrt

mhrt Registered

thanks for the help brother i am using filezilla for the ftp when im clicking the permission tab is openning i have checked all the permissions as u were saying 755 chmod but when i press ok its not saving this information again i goto permission then i see the same situation default values what should i do???? i to save the settings?

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I don't use FileZilla so no real help there without spending a bit more time on it. Try using the File Manager in your cPanel as mentioned though, that'll work.

If that does not work as well, it might be that you do not actually own the files. In that case, you'll need to speak to your host to have them CHOWN-ed to you so that you can manipulate them yourself.