The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install PLugins form SSH

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by techteen, Aug 23, 2007.

1. techteen

techteen Active Member

I was wondering how i can get cPanel to install plugins from SSH. For eaxmple, /scripts/easyapache can reinstall apache how ya want it when the one in WHm doesnt want to go well.

I want to be able to install
    modsecurity
    clamavconnector
    spamdconf

Right form ssh the way cPanel would do it. Is this possible for like /scripts/plugin or etc, something i can do with a line of code?

2. hgrfoshee

hgrfoshee Member
    PartnerNOC

I'd actually love to know this as well because I'm writing a hardening script for our company's dedicated customers and having clamav get installed automatically from the script would really help and speed things up tremendously.

3. bin_asc

bin_asc Well-Known Member

Search the forums, I`m sure this has been answered before.

Some hints. SSH in the server, do ./easyapache --help, and it will show a bundle of options you can add simply by running commandline ( no fancy easyapache interface ).
    As for installing modsecurity and so on by commandline, you need to create a profile ( yaml ) and call it through easyapache

4. hgrfoshee

hgrfoshee Member
    PartnerNOC

I searched and that's how I came across this thread, it's not been discussed at any length and I went back to around 2005. As for installed modsec, yes that can be done through EA3 however, clamavconnector cannot nor can the spamdconf plugin.